At Genesis Church, we want you to know what we believe and why we believe. All of our faith points and doctrinal beliefs are based upon the Bible. Click on any verse to read that scripture from the “YOU VERSION”® Bible.
- ABOUT THE BIBLE
- ABOUT GOD
- ABOUT PEOPLE
- ABOUT JESUS
- ABOUT SALVATION
- ABOUT WATER BAPTISM
- ABOUT THE HOLY SPIRIT
- ABOUT HEALING
- ABOUT END TIMES
- ABOUT ETERNITY
- ABOUT COMMUNION
ABOUT THE BIBLE
- The Bible is God’s Word.
- It teaches about God’s nature, human nature, sin, salvation, faith and eternity.
- It was written by 40 human authors, (who shared their own life experiences and spiritual discoveries), under the supernatural guidance of the Holy Spirit over a 3000 year period.
- It is the supreme source of truth for Christian beliefs, God-knowledge, life instruction and wisdom.
- It endures forever.
- God created the heavens, the earth, people and all life.
- God rules the universe and intervenes in the lives of mankind.
- God will judge mankind based upon righteousness.
People are created in the spiritual image of God consisting of spirit, soul and body. The spirit is the part of us that is created in God’s likeness and it lives forever. The soul consists of our mind, will and emotions; the soul manifests identity and personality. The body is the physical frame that houses our spirit and soul. We refer to the body as an earth suit. God made us so that each person is uniquely original and pre-planned by God to exist. Each person has a divine purpose and life assignment.
- People are the supreme object of all God’s creation, His attention and His love.
- Although every person has tremendous potential for good, all of us are marred by an attitude of disobedience toward God called “sin” and “sin nature.”
- Sin separates us from God and causes many problems in our lives.
- God initiated eternal salvation by sending Jesus.
- Jesus was born of a virgin whom scripture identifies as Mary.
- Jesus came to the earth in flesh and body, completely God and completely human.
- Jesus lived a sinless life and performed many miracles on the earth.
- Jesus voluntarily gave Himself as a sacrifice for our sins, dying by crucifixion.
- Death by crucifixion provided atonement for sin through the blood of Jesus and it removed the curse of sin upon humanity.
- Jesus defeated sin and death through his resurrection from the dead on the third day.
- Jesus ascended to heaven and will return again to earth to reign and rule as King.
- In order to receive forgiveness of sin, we must 1) Call upon Jesus, 2) Confess Jesus is Lord, 3) Believe Jesus rose from the dead, 4) Live under the Lordship of Jesus.
- This is receiving “grace” and it brings forgiveness, favor and the promise of eternal life in heaven.
The Bible teaches that transformation begins with Jesus. The Bible shows us in the New Testament book of Romans 10:9-10 that you can experience a relationship with Jesus right now. It’s as simple as ABC.
- Admit you need a Savior.
- Believe Jesus is that Savior.
- Confess Jesus as Lord.
ABOUT WATER BAPTISM
- Once we have accepted Jesus as our Savior and Lord, baptism is the way to publicly declare our confession of and commitment to Christ.
- This is also a step of obedience based on Christ’s commands, following the example of Jesus, who submitted himself to baptism to “fulfill all righteousness.”
ABOUT THE HOLY SPIRIT
- The Holy Spirit abides in and fellowships with every believer.
- The Holy Spirit guides, convicts, comforts, reveals, empowers, produces God-fruitfulness, brings the infilling and bestows spiritual gifts.
- Jesus healed and delivered many people when He was on the earth.
- Healing, restoration and miracles still occurs through Jesus Christ.
- Some healings are immediate; others occur over a process of time.
- The Bible teaches we are to pray to be healed and pray for others who need healing or restoration.
ABOUT END TIMES
The Bible states the world as we know it will come to an end. There is an order given in scripture regarding this time line. Although no one knows the date when these things will happen, we understand and believe end-time scriptural events will occur. God will judge the living and the dead. His judgment is based on righteousness. Those made righteous through Jesus will dwell in heaven. The unrighteous will experience eternal separation from God in hell and eventually in the lake of fire.
Matthew 24:4-51, Mark 13:5-37, 2 Thessalonians 2:1-12, Revelation 20:11-15
- We will either exist eternally separated from God by sin or exist eternally with God through forgiveness and salvation.
- To be eternally separated from God is hell. To be eternally in union with Him is eternal life in Heaven.
- Heaven and hell are real places of eternal existence.
Communion is a physical meal containing significant spiritual meaning. It consists of bread made without yeast and juice. Communion commemorates the death of Jesus and celebrates His resurrection and return to this earth. It is a tradition for those who have accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. Genesis Church receives communion in our public worship services on occasion. We encourage all believers to receive communion with other Christ-followers at home, work, in small groups, etc., as often as desired.
1 Corinthians 11:23-30